WILLIAMSTOWN -- Wild Oats Market kicks off its annual membership drive on Monday, July 1. Anyone who joins the co-op during the member drive, which runs until July 31, will receive a free gift in addition to all the existing benefits that Wild Oats member-owners receive. They will also be entered into the co-op’s raffle for new and renewing members.
Wild Oats member-owners receive many benefits:
* Storewide discounts on Member Appreciation Days, held four times a year. The next Member Day is Friday, Aug. 16, all day.
* Discounts on special orders of non-sale items.
* Subscription to the Wild Oats newsletter which includes member-only coupons.
* Potential rebate during years when the co-op achieves profitability.
* An ownership stake in the co-op.
* The opportunity to meet and be a part of a thriving cooperative community.
* And a free slice of birthday cake on their birthdays from the fresh bakery (applies to everyone in member households).
Ninety percent of Wild Oats’s produce is organic year-round and 70 percent is local during the Northeast growing season.
As a cooperative business, Wild Oats Market depends on member equity to help provide the capital needed to fund projects like its recent fresh meat and seafood expansion, an initiative undertaken in response to member feedback. Membership is $20 a year, payable on a yearly basis for a period of 10 years. When a member has paid $200, he or she is fully vested in the co-op and will no longer need to renew yearly.
Shoppers can sign up for a membership at any register, or call the store at 413-458-8060. During the member drive, new signups will receive their choice of a Wild Oats heavy duty reusable grocery bag made from recycled bottles or a 10-percent-off coupon that can be applied to all purchases except beer and wine, special orders, gift cards and consignment items. They are also entered into a weekly raffle for a $25 gift card.
Wild Oats Market is a member-owned, cooperative-based whole foods market. One need not be a member to shop at Wild Oats, although membership offers several benefits.
The market carries a wide selection of organic and naturally-made products, including meats, eggs, dairy products, fruits, vegetables, breads, pastas, oils, cereals, juices and chocolate.
In addition, the store offers a hot foods bar, a salad bar, a fresh grab-and-go deli, as well as breads, rolls and pastries freshly baked on-site. The co-op is located at 320 Main St.